Bitwater Farms is seeking a Practical Entomologist to help lead scientific innovation in the large-scale industrial rearing of cricket. Position is nationally-based; may require relocation or travel.
- Assist in design of rearing processes for all cricket life cycle stages
- Monitor cricket colonies for health and robustness
- Identify areas for innovation / optimization of process and practice
- Conduct R&D to verify hypotheses and outcomes
- Provide scientific expertise in the development of white papers and grant proposals
Preferred Education and experience
- Graduate degree in Entomology or related discipline required, special consideration for Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidates
- Laboratory experience, including: analytical weighing, liquid transfer, sample preparation, serial dilution, treatment application, test evaluation and collection of data
- Experience with bioassay design and insect behavior
- Familiarity or experience in safely working with live insects, including insect rearing and breeding
- Familiarity with and interest in conducting greenhouse, controlled environment chamber, and/or field trials
- Experience writing scientific reports and group presentations of experimental results
- Experience with statistical analysis and analytical software
- Experience working in both team and individual settings - must be able to self-start, direct, and manage, when appropriate
Commensurate with experience - room to advance, grow and lead.
To apply, email us your CV / resume, or click "Apply Now"